1. Parents should treat their child as a person; this means making him or her feel like a person. The task is doubtlessly very complicated, but, by ignoring it, one can put a child on the wrong path.
Читай українською: 10 ТЕЗ ЛЮБОМИРА ГУЗАРА ПРО ДІТЕЙ, БАТЬКІВ І ДИСЦИПЛІНУ
2. The essential element is to bring a child up in an atmosphere of warmth and wise love. Children, who were deprived of it, are those who escape from their homes in one way or another and wander around the streets of our cities.
3. Unhappy is a child whose father and mother are in constant discord and misunderstanding, and, worse still, when parents treat a child cruelly, both in physical and moral ways.
4. Parents who love money, can transmit, even unconsciously, to their children their materialistic worldview.
5. Transferring positive and negative values is done in a natural way by what parents think, what they talk about, and how they behave. All this forms their child.
6. A child absolutely needs to feel loved, but a parent’s love should be, if I dare say, wise.
7. A spoiled child will feel, sooner or later, unhappy, since he or she will not be able to get everything as easily as they managed to in childhood.
8. A father and mother, while creating an atmosphere of love, should make their child understand their own dignity and the dignity of other people whether they are the same age or older.
9. Discipline should oblige all the family members, especially the parents; there’s a proper time for everything, and there’s an adequate attitude to everything.
10. Every child should be educated in the spirit of doing good to others, to parents, to friends, or to brothers and sisters.
Based on the materials from the blog of His Beatitude Liubomyr, Archbishop Emeritus of the UGCC, in the online edition of “Ukrainska Pravda”: “A child should feel loved, but the parent love should be… wise“; “Children of today must be the foundation of our hope for a much better future”.
Photo: Maria Shevchenko